Friday, October 7, 2011

Quick Fever


Maybe it’s a heat-shock. Maybe it’s a symptom of fatigue. Or maybe just cause. Maybe I don’t need reasons to be sick. It’s just me.

I often want to be a superwoman. Independently do everything on my own. Haven’t got a good rest just a lame reason for not doing anything. Well, it’s just a thought. Who knew a thought is just a thought until you face the consequences.

I didn’t listen to my body nor believe in whatever it can or can’t. I just don’t know the limit. Suddenly it crashed. Yes, I felt numb for a while; my body started aching at the neurons, light headache and I can’t breath in my normal room temperature (which I always set at 28 Celsius).

At the end of the day, it was me all alone who facing the pain. This is it. This is the end. I have to stop not listening to my body and start to believe in everything it can takes, the boundaries itself. I used to believe if we keep pampering ourselves, we wouldn’t be strong enough to face anything. But I was wrong. To be able to face everything, first we must trust ourselves. Without trust, anything else doesn’t matter.

Perhaps I just need rest. And yes after taking a day off, pampering myself –not doing overload work- I feel refresh. Going to work, finish the unsettled tasks, and happily, being myself as usual.

And today - remains the unhealthy-sick-bore-to-death-me again. LOL! Who am I to fool? Obviously I need six-months-holiday twice a year.. ~huh~